I was in Copenhagen in Denmark the other day and found this little bowl. It's not the old way of doing transferware, but I fell for the idea and the inscription! It's made by Anne Black and Miss Dotty.
I think I will make some glaced nuts to put in it!
Here is what you need;
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 pound walnut halves (or any other nuts you like!)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat egg white until foamy. Stir in brown sugar, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, and vanilla. Add nuts, and stir to coat. Spread evenly onto prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until well toasted and golden brown. Remove from oven, and cool completely. Store in an airtight container.