When I got home I made Tiramisu. It would have been better if I did it yesterday, but I bet it tast good tonight too!
Here is the recipe:
- 6 fresh egg yolks - room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 small containers Mascarpone - room temperature
- 2 packages of Ladyfingers
- 1/2 cup Amaretto di Saronno
- 4 cups Espresso - cooled
- cocoa for garnish
- In a mixer, add egg yolks & sugar. Using the whisk attachment, mix for 5 minutes until eggs are creamy, fluffy and light in color.
- Add mascarpone and continue to mix until smooth & creamy. Add 1/4 cup of the Amaretto & mix until smooth.
- In a separate dish, pour the cooled espresso & remaining 1/4 cup of Amaretto. Lightly dip your ladyfingers into espresso mixture & then transfer to a 9 x 12 baking dish until bottom is completely lined (cut/break the ladyfingers if necessary).
- Spread 1/2 of the cream mixture on top of ladyfingers. Add a second layer of dipped ladyfingers. Spread remaining cream on top.
- Cover your dish with plastic wrap & refrigerate over night.
- Before serving lightly dust top with cocoa powder.